Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Yahoo Widgets

I have become more and more fan of widgets lately, thanks to Nokia's Widsets.

After trying some widgets platforms for Windows, this is the Yahoo Widgets is the one that I have chosen. It lets me read my email accounts and RSS feeds on the fly, show meeting and tasks to do in Outlook, see slideshows of pics in my computer or in Flickr, enjoy weather forecasts and lots of other things. The look-and-feel is one of the best I've ever seen in any widget platform and same applies to usability.

Anyway, I wish that some of the widgets were a bit more customizable. The technology, in general, is still in beta but is very useful for forgetting people like me who wants to sneak a peek on lots of interesting things at the same time while you are working without having to push for the information.

No comments: